The Post Office would like to reopen the branch inside the Premier Store, 81 Rowntree Way, Saffron Walden, CB11 4BY. For some bizarre reason the Post Office is suggesting that this is a replacement for the Audley End village branch that closed in 2009 and not the previous one at the same Rowntree Way location. None the less we think a second Post Office is important for Saffron Walden. There were real problems for many people when the High Street Post Office closed for refurbishment in 2014. Plus one in the south of town will be more convenient for people that live there or residents that need to park to drop off large parcels.
The Premier Store is owned by R4U Town Councillor Dilip Shah who has been pushing for a return of the Post Office to the store location. We’re excited to support his campaign because it will be a great amenity for local residents.
The Post Office is holding a public consultation until 16 February 2016. You can find out more on the Post Office Consultation website.
Here is what the Post Office information letter says:
What will this mean for Post Office customers?
- Post Office services will be offered from a till on the retail counter
- Longer opening hours
- A range of Post Office products and services will be available
Consulting on the proposed new Post Office location
We’re now starting a 6 week local public consultation and would like you to tell us what you think about the suitability of the proposed new location. Before we finalise our plans, we would really like to hear your views on the proposed location, particularly on the following areas:
- How suitable do you think the new location and premises are and how easy it is to get there?
- Are the new premises easy for you to get into and is the inside easily accessible?
- Do you have any concerns about the new location?
- If so, do you have any suggestions that could help us make it better for you?
- Are there any local community issues which you think could be affected by the proposed move?
- Is there anything you particularly like about the proposed change?
How to reply
We suggest residents respond to support the proposal. Send your comments directly to the Post Office at at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Post Office location number 222113.