We have secured the first money from Essex County Council to improve access in Saffron Walden!
Before Christmas many residents responded to R4U’s survey to suggest how we could improve access to and in the town. Following that we submitted the results to Saffron Walden Town Council, who in term have submitted them to Essex County Council.
We’ve had one immediate success – ECC has now allocated money for additional dropped kerbs in Saffron Walden to help those with prams, buggies, mobility scooters, or anyone else who struggles with kerbs. The money allocated should be enough to provide 10 new dropped kerbs (or 5 pairs of new ones).
At the end of last year you suggested where you’d like to see kerbs improved, but now there is a pot of money, please help us to determine the priority – or suggest other locations.
The locations already identified are:
- High St opposite the Cross Keys: To help pedestrians coming from Swan Meadow/Park Lane
- Hill St close by Calzone/Cates Corner roundabout: To help pedestrians from East St / Fairycroft Road trying to get to Common Hill
- Church St east of Kings Arms car park: The pavement on south side abruptly stops just before pub card park and so people need to cross
- Market Hill between the Kings Arms and the top: To allow pedestrians coming up the hill to cross over before the Church St junction so that they can cross on the side where there is better visibility
- High St near the Duke of York: There is no easy way to cross here, to get to the west side of the High St when leaving Debden Rd
- London Road near the salon at the Debden Rd junction: Pushchairs can’t easily cross London Rd to go up Debden Rd
- Audley End Road opposite Audley End Village: To allow safe crossing from Audley Village to and from footpath on other side
You can vote for these locations or suggest others that will help you. We’ll them work with the Town Council to prioritise them with ECC.
Which of these schemes do you feel is most important?
Si vous pensez qu'il s'agit d'une erreur, contactez le propriétaire du formulaire.