This Site provides information about Residents-for-Uttlesford and its campaigns and activities. References to “the Site”, “the website”, “our website”, “this Site”, or “these Sites” in the following and previous statements refer to public-facing websites maintained and operated by Residents-for-Uttlesford at the following top-level domains: Residents4U.org, Residents4U.co.uk, residentsforuttlesford.co.uk, residentsforuttlesford.org, residents4uttlesford.co.uk, residents4uttlesford.org, ru4us.co.uk, ru4us.org.
References to ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘yours’ are references to the person(s) accessing this Site. References to ‘Residents4U.org’, ‘R4U’, ‘the Group’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ are references to Residents-for-Uttlesford.
References to ‘candidates’ and ‘prospective candidates’ on our website, social media, printed materials and other communication channels are all references to ‘prospective candidates’ until formal election paperwork is submitted and accepted.
Copyright © 2014-2018 Residents-for-Uttlesford. All rights reserved.
Copyright in the pages, content, screens, information and all material on this Site is owned by Residents-for-Uttlesford unless otherwise noted, additionally:
- Some content is abstracted or reproduced from media outlets or newspapers, for which the copyright may be retained by them or their 3rd parties. Where this has happened, appropriate links to the relevant publication/copyright holder are provided near to the content.
- Some documents are public documents produced by their respective councils and their suppliers, for which the copyright may be retained by them or their 3rd parties.
Any person is hereby authorised to view, copy, print, and distribute materials on this Site subject to the following conditions:
- The materials may be used for informational purposes only. The materials may only be used for non-commercial purposes. Any copy of the materials or portion thereof must include this copyright notice.
- The materials may not be used by political parties or members of political parties or for political use with prior authorisation.
- The materials may not be used to defame members or associates of Residents-for-Uttlesford.
- Note that any campaigns described on this Site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Residents4U.org and are not licensed hereunder.
- You may not alter or otherwise make any changes to any material that you print or download from this Site, including without limitation, removing any identifying marks or legends from such material. You may not use this Site for any purpose which is unlawful, abusive, libellous, obscene or threatening.
Unauthorised use of copyrighted materials will be subject to an ‘unauthorised use’ fee.
The display of trademarks on pages at this Site does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted to anyone else. Any unauthorised downloading, re-transmission or other copying or modification of trademarks and/or the contents herein by you may be a violation of statutory or common law, trade-mark and/or copyright laws and could subject you to legal action.
This site and the information, materials and content in it are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality, or non-infringement. Information described on this site is furnished for informational use only, is subject to change without notice, and should not be construed as a guarantee, commitment, condition or offer by Residents4U.org. Residents4U.org assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may appear in this document.
Residents4U.org does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, completeness or timeliness of the information, material or content on this site nor the error-free use of the site, nor do we represent or warrant that the site will be available or that it will meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system.
Residents4U.org is not responsible in any manner for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive exemplary or incidental damages, whether based on negligence, wilful misconduct, tort, contract or any other theory of law, or for any damages for loss of data, loss of income, failure to realise expected revenues or savings, loss of profits or any economic or pecuniary loss, arising out of your use of this site.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to websites that are provided and maintained exclusively by third parties. No endorsement of any third party products or services is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to or included on or linked from or to this Site.
Changes to the Site
The information, material and content provided in the pages of the Site may be changed at any time without notice. Changes may be made to these Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Statement by us at any time without notice to you by updating the posting of same.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this Site remains available to all users, Residents4U.org’s computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorised attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “abc.com” if you use a private Internet access account) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access this Site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our Site;
- The date and time you access our Site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to this Site from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Cookies will not be used to contact you for marketing purposes other than by means of advertisements offered within this Site. Cookies may be used to record details of pages relating to particular products and services that you have visited on this Site. This is to provide us with generic usage statistics to allow us to improve this Site and to provide you with information that may interest you.
Web Beacons and Spotlight Tags
This Site may contain electronic images, known as web beacons or spotlight tags. These enable us to count users who have visited certain pages on the Site. Web beacons and spotlight tags are simply tools used to obtain generic information about the web pages visited. They are not used to obtain information about specific users.
Your Personal Information
You may choose to give us personal information in a variety of situations, which could include if you provide it to us because you contacted us via email, social media or our web Site(s); subscribed to our email lists; signed one of our campaign letters or responded to one of our other campaigns; or attended one of our events.
When you provide us with personal information, we use that information to respond to you and to help us provide you with information or services that you request. Other use of personal information provided may be for the following reasons:
- To assist us in creating and publishing content relevant to you;
- To send alerts or newsletters with regard to our activities and campaigns;
- To ensure that our Site is relevant to your needs; and
- To allow you limited access to areas of our Site as appropriate.
The personal data we may hold on you may include a combination/all of your name, address and contact information, as well as email subscription preferences. From time to time we may also check, clean and format your data to make sure it is accurate. We may also use your information to find your electoral ward/division so that we can connect you to your relevant councillors and appropriate news.
Compliance and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are registered with the Information Commission’s Office to hold personal data. Where we do hold personal data, we do it in a manner that is compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998, the guidelines set forth by the Information Commission’s Office (ICO), and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). Our regulatory compliance is managed by our Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted using the Site Contact Form.
- Right to Object: If you object to us sending you information via email or holding your personal data, you can unsubscribe from our emails or request that your personal data be erased. See Right to be Forgotten/Erasure (below) for more details.
- Right to be Forgotten/Erasure: You may unsubscribe from our email communication at any time by using the ‘update subscription preferences’ or ‘update information’ link in the footer of any newsletter email we send to you. You may also ask us to permanently remove personal information we hold on you.
- Right to Rectification: You may access and update your personal information at any time by using the ‘update subscription preferences’ or ‘update information’ link in the footer of newsletter emails we send to you. You may also use our Site Contact Form to notify us of any changes.
If you have additional specific questions about ICO and GDPR compliance, you may use our Site Contact Form to request further information at any time.
Social Media: Expectations of Fair Conduct and Appropriate Behaviour
Please see our policy page Social Media: Expectations of Fair Conduct and Appropriate Behaviour.
To help us do this and execute the activities of the Group, we may share information, with others, for instance, subsidiaries or affiliates of ours, or our suppliers. Our website is hosted and delivered by Fasthosts.co.uk and so subject to the terms of service and privacy of Fasthosts Internet Limited.
You may opt-out of receiving future mailings from us by following the instructions set forth in each mailing.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information as required or permitted by applicable law.
If Residents4U.org or any part of its activities or operations becomes owned or controlled by other individuals or entities, the information that we have collected may be transferred to such party or parties who would be bound by the obligations hereunder.
Third Party Websites
Websites provided and maintained by third parties are not subject to this privacy statement. Please review the privacy policies on those websites to understand their personal information handling practices. We make no representations concerning the privacy policies of these third party websites.
Election Compliance Statement
Residents-for-Uttlesford is a UK Political Party registered with the Electoral Commission (PP 2468). The views expressed on this website and/or emails are those of the publisher, not of the service provider. Any election related content is published and promoted by Paul Gadd, acting on behalf of Residents for Uttlesford, both of 3 London Road, Saffron Walden, CB11 4ED.
If you have questions about our policies or practices, you may contact us using this contact form.