Saffron Walden resident Barbara Light is a consultant in higher education and trustee of a local charity. Previously she was a university lecturer with a focus on adult learning.
“I value the quality of life that this area can offer – but we can make it even better! As your councillor, I will work with you to: promote a thriving community; support local businesses; implement sustainable planning strategies; encourage wellbeing for all; and always be a strong advocate for residents.” Barbara Light
Barbara has always been interested in politics and previously chaired the local Labour party and stood as a candidate. She’s joined Residents-for-Uttlesford because she feels that the mainstream parties hand down policies that fail to meet or even understand locals’ needs.
Barbara Light has lived in Saffron Walden for over ten years and previously worked in management training and as a university lecturer with a specific focus on work related adult learning. She is interested in politics and has been a school governor, party chair and Labour candidate in several elections. Barbara is now a part-time educational consultant in lifelong learning in the higher education sector, is a trustee of a local community charity and enjoys studying, art, keeping fit in the local gym, walking in the countryside (when it’s not muddy she says!), and visiting family and friends in Italy as often as she can.
She was elected to represent the Uttlesford District Saffron Walden Audley Ward in 2015.
Barbara values the quality of life that this area can offer – but believes that we can make it even better. She says that as a Residents for Uttlesford District Councillor, she will work with residents to: promote a thriving community; support local businesses and create new business opportunities through partnerships with surrounding areas; implementing sustainable planning strategies that provide the houses and the infrastructure that we need locally; encourage wellbeing for all; and always act as a strong advocate for the residents of Uttlesford.
- R4U Cllr Barbara Light calls on Chief Exec & UDC Leader to explain Local Plan omnishambles
- Why R4U continues to ask the ‘silly’ questions…
- Listening Post: Thank you for your feedback for the Scrutiny Committee
- Listening Post: Your priorities for the UDC Scrutiny Committee
- Goodbye and hello – we’re still here with you!
- Barbara Light: Visions for the future of Uttlesford
- Barbara Light: One New Year Resolution that can be kept.
- Barbara Light:Talk to us -We want to hear from YOU!
- Barbara Light: Pleased to see the adoption of Living Wage
- Barbara Light: What would Guy Fawkes say?
- Barbara Light: what could be more appropriate than the spell of the three witches in Shakespeare’s Macbeth?
- Barbara Light: Representing locals is a labour of love; that’s why I’m switching to Residents