Heather Asker is an Uttlesford District, Saffron Walden Town Councillor and was the town’s Mayor from May 2015 to May 2016. She serves on UDC’s Housing Board, Scrutiny and Standards committee.
“I am proud of the achievements within the Town and District I have been involved with, including the improvements to the Market Square, keeping local taxation to a minimum and the soon to be installed zebra crossing on Little Walden Road.” Cllr Heather Asker
She resigned the Conservative Party whip in October 2014 to join Residents-for-Uttlesford so that she could better serve the local residents that elected her.
Cllr Heather Asker is a Uttlesford District Councillor, Saffron Walden Town Councillor and Mayor. She was first elected in 2007 for Saffron Walden Castle ward, where she has worked on numerous residents’ issues. She serves on UDC’s Licensing and Environmental Health committee.
Whilst being a councillor she has worked on many local ward issues, including planning and development, parking, road safety and speed reduction programmes.
Heather joined Residents for Uttlesford from the Conservatives in October 2014.
She has lived in Saffron Walden since 1984 where her daughter attended the County High School. Professionally Heather has a career in sales.
- Parachuted in political guns-for-hire? No thank you! We want a local resident to represent us. #VoteLocal
- Heather Asker gives thanks for year as Mayor of Saffron Walden
- #SaffronWalden Mayor’s Charity Ball a Success!
- Not a ‘Night-Mayor’ at all!
- Celebrate HM Queen Elizabeth II with a picnic!
- Happy to answer a fair question!
- R4U Cllr Heather Asker: Only 3 Saffron Walden areas at risk from flooding?