Our Shadow Cabinet at Uttlesford District Council is designed to provide strong scrutiny of the local Conservative administration and their policies, make sure that residents are represented, and highlight alternative views and programmes.
The Shadow Cabinet team is outstanding, and includes seasoned finance, legal, business and planning experts. In many cases their experience significantly outweighs that of the UDC Cabinet Members that they are shadowing.
Residents Shadow Cabinet Members
The R4U Shadow Cabinet portfolios at Uttlesford District Council are:
- R4U Leader at UDC: John Lodge, former Chief Executive of a FTSE company, and a governor of Papworth Hospital.
- Communities, Leisure & Sport: Joanna Parry, ex-RAF officer, founder of Save Newport Village, and experienced councillor.
- Economy & Jobs: Paul G Fairhurst, successful repeat international entrepreneur and a managing partner of a respected law firm.
- Environment, including Planning & Public Transport:Dr Richard Freeman, with considerable experience in planning and running complex projects for high-tech businesses.
- Finance & Council Services: Neil Hargreaves, a chartered accountant and former accounts manager of an international reinsurance broker.
- Health: Aisha Anjum, a lawyer and finance professional who has also worked with the UN promoting human rights.
- Highways: Heather Asker, Current Saffron Walden Mayor and an experienced District and Town Councillor since 2007.
- Housing: Sharon Morris, former insurance underwriter who is an active campaigner on family issues.
- Schools & Education: Dr Barbara Light, part-time educational consultant and a former university lecturer. She is also the R4U Deputy Leader at UDC.