Our Shadow Cabinet at Uttlesford District Council is designed to provide strong scrutiny of the local Conservative administration and their policies, make sure that residents are represented, and highlight alternative views and programmes.
The Shadow Cabinet team is outstanding, and includes seasoned finance, legal, business and planning experts. In many cases their experience significantly outweighs that of the UDC Cabinet Members that they are shadowing.
Residents Shadow Cabinet Members
The R4U Shadow Cabinet portfolios at Uttlesford District Council are:
- R4U Leader at UDC: John Lodge
- R4U Deputy Leader, Education, Health, Social Care: Dr Barbara Light
- Communities, Leisure & Sport: Garry LeCount
- Economy & Jobs: Paul G Fairhurst
- Environment, Planning & Public Transport: Dr Richard Freeman
- Airport: Anthony Gerard
- Local Plan: Petrina Lees
- Finance & Council Services: Neil Hargreaves
- Highways: Heather Asker
- Housing: Sharon Morris
- Police and Emergency Services: Paul G Fairhurst and Garry LeCount