You said:We want the airport to be a better neighbour.
We will work with Stansted Airport’s owners to balance employment with their environmental responsibilities to deal with emissions, pollution, noise, road and rail congestion, and village fly-parking. We will work with them to maximise local employment opportunities and to grow and keep new businesses in Uttlesford by exploiting the airport’s position as a logistics and communications hub near to London.
We believe that it is important that the airport owners recognise the principle that Stansted is an ‘Airport in the Countryside’ and accept the negative impacts caused by its operation and make progress towards their mitigation. We will continue to support Uttlesford District Council’s long held opposition to a second runway. We will hold the government to account to deliver on their aviation-related climate change pledges.
We will continue to listen to and work with local residents and parishes to identify issues and work with the airport owners and other authorities to implement measures that will bring about:
- Reduced Environmental Impact: Reductions in emissions and fossil fuel use, air pollution and noise nuisance, including limits on night flights.
- Sustainable Transport: Improvements in public transport, including the rail network, around the airport. Better and more regular bus routes and timetables to reflect local needs and access to jobs.
- Infrastructure Investment: Improvements in the surrounding local roads and the national road network.
- Action on Parking: Effective measures to prevent fly-parking in nearby communities.
- Access to jobs: Improvements in local employment levels in and around the airport.