Get Help: Search

Use our Community Help search tool to connect to the service that can help you. If you prefer, you can use the links directory page to navigate instead (it is the same information).

Use the search box to find things or the topic drop down menu.

TitleHelp TopicsProviderhf:tax:link_library_category
Potholes: Report road defects, street light, pavements or other highways issues (ECC)highways community-directory
Roads: Flooding, drainage, manhole covers (ECC)highways community-directory
Waste: Kerbside bin collections and calendar (UDC)waste-management community-directory
Nuisance: Reporting dog poo and animal fouling, animals waste-management community-directory
Nuisance: Reporting Fly-tippingwaste-management community-directory
Roads: Street cleaning and littering, waste-management highways community-directory
Nuisance: Reporting Fly-postingwaste-management community-directory
Contact Essex County Council – Phone: 0345 743 0430general community-directory
Contact Uttlesford District Council – Phone: 01799 510 510general community-directory
Contact Saffron Walden Town Council – Phone: 01799 516 501general community-directory
Contact Great Dunmow Town Council – Phone: 01371 872 406general community-directory
Contact R4Ugeneral community-directory
Contact your R4U Councillorgeneral community-directory
Find your parish, district ward and county divisiongeneral community-directory
Uttlesford District Council: A-Z directory of servicesgeneral community-directory
Parking: Parking and residents permits (UDC)highways community-directory
Buses: Stops and timetables (ECC)highways community-directory
Dogs, strays and animal welfareanimals community-directory
Nuisance: Rats, foxes, wasps and controlling other pestsanimals community-directory
Allotments, leisure-time community-directory
Council Housing Repairshousing community-directory
Council Housing and Homelessnesshousing community-directory
Planning: Planning Applications and Permissionplanning community-directory
Planning: Find and comment on a Planning Applicationplanning community-directory
Council Taxmoney community-directory
Benefits (UDC)money community-directory
Benefits Calculatormoney community-directory
Getting help with money, debt and benefits with ECCmoney community-directory
Social Care and health support through ECChealth community-directory
Report abuse or neglect at ECChealth community-directory
Local crime statistics and report a crime with Essex Policeemergency-services community-directory
Registering births, marriages and deaths at UDChealth community-directory
Taxis: Licensing and complaints, businesses highways community-directory
Licensing: Apply for an alcohol licence if you’re running an eventleisure-time community-directory
Licensing: Apply for a licence for an event, charity collection, taxi, or gambling (UDC)businesses community-directory
Nuisance: Reporting noise, bonfires, abandoned vehicles with UDC Environmental Health, health housing community-directory
Parking: Report airport fly-parkinghighways community-directory
Parking: Apply for or renew a Blue Badge at ECC, health highways community-directory
Food: See restaurant hygiene ratings or make a complaint, , businesses health leisure-time community-directory
Schools: Snow-days and closures, emergency-services schools-and-education community-directory
Parking: Parking Tickets, street parking and yellow lines, , highways community-directory
Newspapers: Walden Local, leisure-time community-directory
Newspapers: Saffron Walden Reporter, leisure-time community-directory
Newspapers: Dunmow Broadcast, leisure-time community-directory
Water: Reporting sewage leaks and blocked sewers, , , , , waste-management emergency-services housing community-directory
Water: Contact Affinity Water, Uttlesford’s water supplierhousing community-directory
Electricity: Find and report power cuts, , emergency-services housing community-directory
Broadband: Find your local internet provider options from ECChousing community-directory
Need help: Contact Citizens Advice about benefits, money, relationships, housing and more, , health money community-directory
Samaritans: Having a difficult time? Call 116 123 for free, health community-directory
Can’t afford to eat? Contact Uttlesford Foodbank, health community-directory
Leisure Centre: Great Dunmowleisure-time community-directory
Leisure Centre: Saffron Waldenleisure-time community-directory
Leisure Centre: Stansted Mountfitchetleisure-time community-directory
Market: Saffron Waldenbusinesses community-directory
Market: Thaxted (Fridays)businesses community-directory
Libraries: Find your local library branch and opening hours, leisure-time schools-and-education community-directory
Waste: Find your local waste and recycling centre locations and opening timeswaste-management community-directory
Report an unauthorised Traveller encampment to ECChousing community-directory
Adult Education: Find out about courses and learning for adults supported by ECCschools-and-education community-directory
Find out about Children’s Services at ECChealth community-directory
Potholes: Report defects to ECC via and see the road defect maphighways community-directory
Book a community centre or hall from Saffron Walden Town Councilleisure-time community-directory
Feeling lonely or isolated? Contact CVSU, health community-directory
Find health and wellbeing services from Uttlesford Frontline, health community-directory
Get help for loneliness and isolation in the Stansted area, health community-directory
Schools: Admissions at ECCschools-and-education community-directory
Schools: Buses and transport (ECC)schools-and-education community-directory
Schools: Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (ECC), health schools-and-education community-directory
Which council is responsible for what service?general community-directory
Check Listed Building status and Conservation Areasplanning community-directory
Planning: Find or apply for Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs) or for approval to cutplanning community-directory
See the UDC area map, including rights of way, TPOs, zoning and more (turn on layers at the top right)planning community-directory
Book a community centre or hall from Great Dunmow Town Councilleisure-time community-directory
Trading Standards: Report a business acting unfairly or breaking the lawbusinesses community-directory
Water: Find your water and sewage supplier by postcodehousing community-directory
Trains: Greater Anglia timetableshighways community-directory
Trains: Greater Anglia departure boardshighways community-directory
Trains: Tube statushighways community-directory
Uttlesford District Council: Calendar of council meetingsgeneral community-directory
Potholes: Claim from ECC for pothole damage to your vehiclehighways community-directory
TitleHelp TopicsProviderhf:tax:link_library_category