Uttlesford residents have trusted R4U to deliver a Green agenda, open spaces and sports facilities either where we are responsible or by holding those that are to account. We have done many things, including:
- Delivered a series of green measures including new paths/walking routes, a plastics charter and drinking water fountains, and planted 100s of trees
- In a landmark planning case, successfully fought and had planning permission refused on pollution grounds
- Forced UDC to undertake proper pollution monitoring as mandated the DEFRA
- Refurbished public sports pitches
- Delivered a new playground and refurbishment of Saffron Walden Common
- Exposed where the Conservative UDC administration has failed to make developers pay £1million for sports and leisure facilities
- Fought UDC and ECC poor traffic proposals that would create pollution and congestion
- Pushed ECC for better cycling provision
Our goal is to lead Uttlesford District Council. If elected to do so, in these manifesto areas we have pledged:
- Environment & Green Communities: We will protect and enhance our environment, create new green spaces, reduce pollution, increase recycling, create low-carbon homes and encourage local clean energy.
- Sports, Community & Leisure: We will invest in better facilities and compel developers to provide green, play and sports areas when new homes are approved.
Read our detailed policies in this area: